Wednesday, December 1, 2010

welcome to the end of the year!

I love the first of December. It's a day that marks so many things; it's the beginning or the end of the year! I can't believe there are only 31 more days in 2010, it feels like it just started; I guess that's what happens when you work and all of your days blend together and you measure time in weekends and day off, but I digress.

 
roxannewilson

I also love it today because it's world AIDS day. Lately, I've been feeling like like less and less people are becoming less and less concerned with their health. Sometimes I just want to yell, does anyone use protection anymore? I also feel like people aren't getting tested as often as they need to, sometimes not at all. I actually know people that haven't been tested in years! That's crazy. AIDS is preventable people! Protect yourselves! GO GET TESTED!! I know I will.

 
bossip

Now, the number one reason why I love December 1st...ROSA PARKS! Exactly 55 years ago, one brave woman made a decision that directly affected how I live my life today. How amazing is that? Now, I'm not going to go into the whole story, you should already know it, if you don't shame on you! Seriously, you would have to try really hard to go through life without know the story of Rosa Parks. Anyway, I wanted to take time out and publicly thank her. THANK YOU ROSA PARKS!

December 1st is an amazing day! What will you on it?

No comments: